Visa application procedure
If you are not a citizen of the countries listed under Who doesn't need a visa? or a part of Special Categories, and wish to visit or transit through the territory of the Republic of Kosovo, you are required to apply for a Kosovar visa.
Applications shall be lodged in person no more than three (3) months before the start of the intended visit at the respective Diplomatic or Consular Mission of the Republic of Kosovo. Holders of a multiple-entry visa may lodge the application six (6) months before the expiry of the valid visa.
When applying for a visa, the applicant shall submit:
- A completed and signed application form. Persons included in the applicants travel document shall submit a separate application form. Minors shall submit an application form signed by a person exercising permanent or temporary parental authority or legal guardianship.
- A recent (not older than 1 month) photograph in accordance with the international standards as set out in the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) document 9303 Part 1, 6th edition.
- A copy of your travel document. Its validity shall extend at least three months after the intended date of departure from the territory of the Republic of Kosovo. It shall contain at least two blank pages.
- documents indicating the purpose of the journey;
- documents in relation to accommodation, or proof of sufficient means to cover his/her accommodation;
- documents indicating that the applicant possesses sufficient means of subsistence both for the duration of the intended stay and for the return to his country of origin or residence, or for the transit to a third country into which he is certain to be admitted, or that he is in a position to acquire such means lawfully;
- Information enabling an assessment of the applicants intention to leave the territory of the Republic of Kosovo before the expiry of the visa applied for.
- Travel medical insurance valid throughout the territory of the Republic of Kosovo which covers the entire period of the persons intended stay or transit.
The visa fee payment of 40 EUR that applicants need to pay unless they are holders of diplomatic and official passports; children nder six (6) years old; or school children, students and teachers accompanying and visiting for studying or training purposes.
Note: For bank details please check with the Diplomatic or Consular Mission.
- The Consular Officer may request from the applicant additional supporting documents;
- All supporting documents should be translated in one of the Kosovos official languages (Albanian or Serbian) or in English;
- All the documents must be submitted in two copies;
- Holders of diplomatic/official passports are exempted from the visa fee and do not need to apply in person.
- The applicant to whom the visa is refused can file a complaint within 8 calendar days to the respective consular mission where initially applied.
Only possessing a valid visa does not automatically guarantee entry in Kosovo.