Department for Economic Issues and International Cooperation
1. The functioning of the Department for Economic Issues and International Economic Cooperation is managed by Director, who reports and is accountable directly to the Director-General.
2. The Department provides support to the functioning of the Ministry, including relations with other ministries in the areas that fall under the scope of work of this Department. In its duty to coordinate relations with other ministries and institutions, the Department is responsible for promotion of economic interests of the Republic of Kosovo abroad.
3. It explores the procedures for membership to international institutions of economic character and performing tasks upon having gained membership to such institutions.
4. It coordinates and monitors the cooperation of national institutions with international economic and financial institutions.
5. It cooperates with line ministries and especially with relevant units in charge of integration; it drafts and analyzes the issues such as borders, markets, banks, and other economic sectors.
6. It proposes, drafts, and analyzes sectoral policies in line with the development interests of the country.
7. In cooperation with other relevant institutions, it establishes and maintains sustainable partnerships with investors, as well as climate conducive to implementing the policy of stimulating investments.
8. Jointly with other institutions, it identifies sectors that need foreign investments and those that are most suitable for external investments, as well as the priority projects for funding, in line with the sectoral priorities of the Government.
9. The Department for Economic Issues and International Economic Cooperation is organized in two sections.
a. The Section for analysis and international economic cooperation, orientates the policies and legal measures and implementation in line with the strategic documents for economic cooperation, notably for economic integration of Kosovo with the international institutions of economic character.
b. The Section for promotion and investments, in cooperation with other institutions, is tasked with setting the strategy for attracting foreign investments to Kosovo. It evaluates the achieved level of investments and explores the ways for their increasing. In coopration with other institutions and diplomatic representatives, it works on advancing the economy, the investment climate in the country, and on creating a better image of Kosovo in the world.
Director of Department for International Economic Cooperation
Phone: +381 (0) 38 213 325 (Centrex 11024)
Address: Mother Teresa Boulevard, Former Grmija Building, Room A-007