General Director of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
The General Director of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs leads and coordinates the duties and tasks of the EU, NATO and Security Department, the International Economic Cooperation Department, the Bilateral Relations and International Organization Department, and the Regional Affairs Department.
In response to requests, the General Director facilitates communication between MFA embassies and missions and the Ministry and Minister.
- Proposes advice relating to the fields of the four departments under supervision.
- Works in cooperation with political advisors, and always in agreement with the General Secretary, on key policies of the Minister and Deputy Minister.
- Engages in overseeing the daily management of all policy departments and ensures that key issues are regularly prioritized, evaluated and dealt with rapidly.
- Ensures that the Ministry receives and analyzes the best information available regarding foreign policy and the goals of Kosovos partners and key protagonists.
- Creates relations with representatives of foreign governments in Kosovo and outside the country and with international organizations and NGOs.
- Represents Kosovo, when requested, in international meetings;
- Prepares back-up plans for a large number of issues.